: Finance and Administration Officer
KAFHI is a Faith Based Organization which exists for the purpose of community development and relief. As a Christian Agency KAFHI places special emphasis on community health, poverty reduction and food security, education and other developmental activities. KAFHI accomplishes this purpose through seeking to identify needs, and resources to fill those needs, and bringing these two together.
KAFHI desires to engage a Finance and Administration Officer.
: Finance and Administration Officer
Type of job
: Full time
1 year renewable contract
The Finance and Administrative Officer will
Qualifications and relevant competencies:
- Develop, maintain and oversee timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal and donor financial/accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure that all statutory requirements of the organization are met including NAPSA, PAYE, Withholding Tax, TOT, Workers’ Compensation.
- Prepare all supporting information for the annual audit and liaise with the Board’s Audit Committee and the external auditors as necessary
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, and petty cash.
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Review monthly results and implement monthly variance reporting
- Prepare and manage cash flow forecasts in accordance with policy
- Oversee the bookkeeping function including maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure that personnel and financial information is secure and stored in compliance with current legislation
- Manage the acquisition of capital assets and ensure that assets are properly recorded, amortized, and disposed of as appropriate
- Liaise with the Executive Director and Finance Committee on all finance and audit concerns.
- Assist the Executive Director and the Board Treasurer with financial reporting as required at Board meeting and the Annual General Meetings.
- Responsible for entering/posting financial information into the system and maintaining all financial records for projects and for the organization.
- Obtain approvals from the Executive Director and from the donors on all procurements and purchases for the projects and for the organization.
- Provide orientation and training to the organization staff on cost-effective management.
- Oversee the financial audits of the organization.
- Provide financial inputs for proposal development, project management, Human Resource Management policies, logistics, travel and other areas of administration.
- Oversee and supervise the administrative function of the organization including reception, office machinery management, internal communication and general cleaning and maintenance.
- Bachelors Degree of Accounting or better
- Five years’ experience in NGO financial management
- Competent in pastel accounting package
- Experience in USAID and the Global Fund guidelines and procedures, a must.
- Resource mobilization skills is an added advantage
- Updated ZICA membership
- Strong supervisory skills
How to apply:
Send your application letter, CV and copies of professional and other documents to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org OR send it to : The Executive Director, Kabwe Adventist Family Health Institute, P.O Box, 80214, KABWE. Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Contact Number: 0976790285
: State your expected gross salary