Coordination of construction Team during the construction of renewable power plant (photovoltaic, biomass, geothermal, hydro, wind), ensuring that Plant Construction works are performed according to the schedules and Project documents, within the assigned cost budget and according to Quality & Safety procedures, as well as according to the terms and conditions of the contract. Check that the equipment and manpower employed by the contractor are adequate and that the works performed are conform to design documents.
- Overall coordination of construction site activities with different contractors;
- Coordination of construction team assigned (civil, mechanical, electrical, safety and environmental);
- Check documents, from internal and external sources, are complying with design and permits requirements;
- Develop, prepare and control submittals for technical construction specifications, schematic drawings, layouts and blueprints;
- Secure the works implementation of contractual obligation from the contractor.
· Detect possible quality problems prior or during the works and proceed in problem solving by coordinating with the site or area construction manager.
- AutoCAD design/drafting as necessary to assist the design team;
- Ensure that construction is being implemented in accordance to the design documents and drawings.
- Review and reconcile Quality Control (QC) documents and field data to insure design standards are being met;
- Observe and report findings of daily site mechanical activities from subcontractors raise Field Observation Reports for deficiencies when required;
- Create reports to monitor, and track site activities relating to project schedule through daily and weekly plans, logs and reports;
- Provide input based on lessons learned to the construction team for use in contractor and vendor contract negotiations including pre-bid and pre-construction meetings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
· Excellent organization skills, customer (internal) orientation and proven ability to work cross functional as well as externally with subcontractors and vendor;
· Strong communication, analytical and problem solving skills;
· Team building skill;
· In depth knowledge of industrial construction practices, power plant engineering, plant operation requirements, and environmental and safety requirements;
· Proficiency in monitoring contractors’ performance in the areas of safety, quality, environmental conformance, and schedule;
· Review all drawings and notify the Construction Manager of any problems regarding constructability and design deficiencies;
· Raise RFIs for unclear design, unspecified materials, discrepancy in the design etc;
- Microsoft word processing, spread sheet, excel, and projects scheduling software.
- Excellent verbal, written, and analytical skills;
- Detailed individual with organizational skills to compile and track project documentation;
- Good personal work skills with due consideration for office protocol and expectations;
- Valid Driver’s Licence.
- · BS Degree in Civil/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or related field or equivalent of supervising large utility scale power generation construction projects;
- · At least 5 years’ experience as Site Construction Manager or similar technical role in Engineering or Construction Companies;
- Experience in the construction of HV/MV substations.
- Experience with international company will be considered as preferential;
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 100% of time including temporary assignment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Job by Enel Green Power