Find jobs in Zambia today with JBZ. Browse 1000’s of Career opportunity in Zambia and easily apply online. Search recruitment agencies in Zambia and get in touch with companies recruiting.
This is an autonomous Payroll Manager role which requires experience to successfully run and manage the entire function. This is a temp to perm role which is 4 days per week. Duties
- End to end porocessing of the weekly and monthly payroll
- Process all leave calculations, reconciliations, terminations and redundancies
- Process all worker compensation premiums & return to work
- Rem & Ben salary reviews for the business
- Previous experience in a full function role
- Experience using Sage
- Previous experience in a Payroll position
- Ability to identify and drive process improvement strategies
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Strong EBA and award understanding
The Metropolitan Hotel is currently looking to recruit qualified staffs to join a well-established and award winning team at the Metropolitan Hotel Job Position: Receptionist Receiving and registering guests as they arrive. Control advance booking and reservations. Receive mails and direct them to the guests in the hotel. Receive the payment for accommodation. Allocation of rooms. Compilation of guest bills. Storage of records. Handling of client taxi requests. Safe keeping of client valuables. Handle guest requests like providing extra beddings or offering a certain kind of food. The Metropolitan Hotel is renowned for its service, style and elegance. We provide our guests with a truly memorable experience through personal care and attention to detail. Attracting a dedicated and diverse workforce is one of the keys to our success. We are proud to offer a competitive compensation and benefit plan which includes: Benefits Meals on Duty Childcare vouchers On the job training Discounted gym rates Uniform and uniform care Excellent employee recognition programme Preferential room rates for yourself and family Opportunities for promotion and transfer within the Company If you would like to join the Metropolitan team, We would love to hear from you! Send your resume directly to us via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
$250 - $500
1 day ago
We are currently recruiting for a full time Receptionist to join our vibrant, successful and passionate team.To make your life working in hospitality easier, we are proud to offer permanent roles, working straight shifts, 5 days out of 7. No split shifts to worry about!Based at one of our boutique London hotels (all zone 1); this role gives you the opportunity to learn and develop, with the potential to progress within the company. If progression isn’t your thing, that’s fine too, we would still be interested in finding out more about you. Our culture suits down to earth, genuinely friendly, ambitious and hardworking people. If you want to be noticed and recognised for your individual contribution then this is the company for you. Why join Firmdale Hotels? We are delighted to have been recognised by the hospitality industry for some of the great work our teams have done. To name a few of our recent awards and accolades; • Firmdale Hotels - “Winner of the Best Employer Award at The Cateys 2017 and Number One in The Caterer Best Places to Work in Hospitality” • HR Team of the Year at the Hotel Cateys 2017 • Restaurant Team of the Year, Ham Yard Hotel at the Hotel Cateys 2017 • Best Chef Development Strategy Award at the Springboard Awards 2017 • Firmdale Hotels – “Excellence in Employee Engagement”, HR in Hospitality 2016 • Firmdale Hotels – “Candidate Experience Award”, Caterer.com People Awards 2016 • Ham Yard Hotel – “Best Afternoon Tea Award”, Harden’s 2016 • Sarah Williams – “Food and Beverage Manager of the Year”, Hotel Cateys 2015 What are the Firmdale employee benefits? • Competitive salary • 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing one day per years’ service • Companywide and departmental incentives • Firmdale Experience and Long Service vouchers (Afternoon tea, dinner for two, Film Club and an overnight stay) • Award winning training opportunities (WSET, supplier visits, Masterclasses to name a few) What makes Firmdale such a special place to work? • Quarterly Champagne receptions and annual employee recognition awards • Employee led committees allow you to have your say, generate ideas and make a difference • Social events and team activities (bowling, quiz nights, netball teams and more) • Wait, there’s more! Refer a friend bonus, volunteering and regular Manager catch-ups Hours required for the role of Receptionist: As a Receptionist you will work 40 hours per week on a flexible rota, where some weekends will be required.
$1,000 - $2,000
2 months ago
As Front Office Supervisor (m / f) you are responsible for the smooth running of shifts at the reception and ensure that the arrival and departure of our guests is done individually according to our Quality Standards.In this position you direct your team of receptionists, but also make the check in and check out as well as the rooming yourself. They welcome VIPs and make sure that the wishes of all guests are met. If that does not happen, you also take over the complaint management. You pass on your knowledge to new employees and trainees. That's what awaits you: A varied, exciting workplace with a great working atmosphere and a very motivated and dedicated team Versatile training opportunities and good promotion and transfer options in a growing hotel group with monthly changing training Future access for all employees to the self-developed app "Map My Future" and cross-training within the Rocco Forte Hotels, in order to promote one's own career A fair payment and various benefits and benefits Demanding and versatile tasks with a long-term perspective What you should bring with you: Sound expertise at the front office Interest & ability to team and employee motivation Proactive planning & action Communicative personality in English Strong guest service orientation Safe handling of common MS Office programs A sense of responsibility and a confident demeanor Benefits Competitive Salary • Public Transport Season ticket loan • Laundry of uniform • Exciting range of learning and development programmes • Opportunities for promotion and transfer across the group • Colleague recognition and reward programmes • Discounted gym membership • Meals whilst on duty • Childcare voucher scheme • Occupational health service Application process-please send us your documents by email . Resume/Curriculum Vitae (CV) . Recent photo . Passport Copy Lisa Brooklyn-Fuhres Recruitment Manager at Firmdale Hotels
$1,000 - $2,000
2 months ago
Texila American University a world Class Affordable Educational Provider. We are a forward-looking, modern university with a proud tradition as a provider of high quality education and a focus on applied research. Founded in 2010, Texila American University Group (TAU) has evolved into one of the most prestigious & world-class international education providers. With a diverse student base, Texila American University stands committed to excellence in the education of future professionals across the world. Texila Group–has 4000+ students from 70+ Countries for its varied program verticals. The University seeks to recruit suitably qualified individuals under the following faculties.
- Health Professions Foundation Program.
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (B Pharmacy )
- Master in Public Health (MPH)
- Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB)- Biochemistry, Pathology, Physiology & Human Anatomy.
- Nursing Practicum Preceptor.
- Nursing Faculty
4 months ago
Job Board Zambia
Peace Corps Zambia wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Safety and Security Assistant (SSA). Location : Lusaka Starting Salary: ZMW 176,938 .00/Annum Work hours : Full-time; 40 hours/week BASIC FUNCTION The role of the Safety and Security Assistant (SSA) is to provide administrative support to the safety and security program. The primary responsibilities of the SSA are ensuring security-related files are kept up-to-date; maintaining the Whereabouts reporting system; assisting in the analysis and reporting of security incidents; preparing reports, training materials, and other resource materials; and maintaining up-to-date contact information for local and national police, transportation, and consolidation points. In addition, the SSA will act as the back-up to the Safety and Security Manager (SSM). The Office of Safety and Security provides technical oversight of security related. The SSA reports to the SSM. When the SSM is unavailable, the SSA may also be the contact point with the Peace Corps Safety and Security Officer (PCSSO), Regional Security Advisor (RSA), Embassy security officials, and local law enforcement agencies in carrying out the responsibilities designated below or as directed by the Country Director (CD). Duties and responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
- Supports and Verifies Safety and Security Policy Implementation
- Safety and Security Training
- Assists with the Support of Home-Stays and Site Identification
- Incident Reporting and Response
- Emergency Preparedness
- Analysis, Reports and Other Communications
- Represents the Safety and Security Programs
- Provides Back-Up Coverage for the SSM PEACE CORPS/ZAMBIA SAFETY AND SECURITY ASSISTANT.
- Minimum College diploma in any social science is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of substantive experience in the field of safety and security programs, relevant professional security or law enforcement is required.
- Must have ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with other organizations, including local law enforcement, criminal justice, emergency management and other NGO/development agencies.
- Good working knowledge of the English language both spoken and written including ability to conduct training and give presentations, in both English and in any of the commonly used local language. Good communication and interpersonal skills, including demonstrated ability to work as a team member in a fast paced and multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office Suite, and other basic computer knowledge is required.
- Must have a valid and unrestricted Zambian driver’s license.
Job Board Zambia
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
Main purpose of job:Reporting to the Corporate Services Manager, responsible for all aspects of security – people and assets – for the British High Commission and Department for International Development. Roles and responsibilities: Management of security at the British High Commission (BHC) and Department for International Development (DFID) offices including residential properties.
- Supervising the guards in line with the local guarding contract.
- Provision of comprehensive advice to staff, BHC/DFID management and official visitors, consultants, and contractors on security risks, policies and systems.
- Recording of security incidents.
- Providing security briefings and advice on all aspects of personal security to official visitors and new arrivals.
- Provision of advice on any physical security measures requested by the Regional Overseas Security Manager (ROSM) or Post Security Officer.
- Undertaking regular risk assessments, proactively suggesting improvements, provision of costed proposals and the implementation of agreed changes.
- Assisting ROSM with staff radios checks ensuring equipment is fully serviceable and that UK staff have an understanding of the equipment.
- Reporting faulty equipment and overseeing repairs.
- Providing regular written security reports and assessments
- Responding to security emergencies or incidents on a 24 hours basis and the provision of assistance to UK-based staff and their families.
- Liaison with external partners (including Diplomatic Police, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, other Diplomatic Missions) to ensure extensive knowledge of local security environment.
- Security lead during a Crisis.
- Fire safety manager for Post.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Experience of systematic working to deliver a consistently high level of service. Excellent English, both verbal and written.
- Ability and willingness to undergo a security vetting process.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Professionally recognised qualification in the field of security
- Experience working for a diplomatic mission
- Minimum 2 yrs management experience
Making Effective Decisions, Leading and Communicating, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
JOb by Foreign and Commonwealth Office
Job Board Zambia
ZAMBIA FORESTRY AND FOREST INDUSTRIES CORPORATION LIMITED EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – CHIEF SECURITY OFFICER The Zambia Forestry and Forest Industries Corporation Limited (ZAFFICO) is c parcstatal organization responsible for establishing and managing exotic forest plantations in the country. The Corporation’s mission is to establish and sustainably manage forest plantations and supply quality wood and other forest products to its clients. In pursuance of its mission, the Corporation is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the position of Chief Security Officer on a three (3) year contract of service. CHIEF SECURITY OFFICER (1 Position) MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Grade 12 School Certificate
- Degree in Law/Criminology/Psychology, Social Psychology, Public Administration or any other social sciences
- Five (5) years relevant experience in a reputable organization
- Police training necessary
- Experience in criminal investigations will be an added advantage
- To ensure ZAFFICO property, personnel and plantations are protected at all times by implementing effective security practices.
- To supervise all security personnel.
- To ensures Security section operates in accordance with the Laws of Zambia.
- To advise Management on all security issues.
- To liaise with state police and other security wings for information.
- To investigate employees and round wood customers who contravene company regulations through theft of property or plantation produce.
- To institute security operations and measures to prevent actions that could lead to the loss or damage of company property.
- To propose training programmes and skills development for staff in the section in line with the Corporation’s requirements.
- To determine the gravity of cases through investigations and advise which cases should be dealt with administratively and those which should be dealt under a Court of Law.
- To give evidence in the Courts of Lawwhere necessary.
- To prepare Section budget to take to Management for approval and implement the some to control expenditure.
- To perform any other functions incidental to the role of security operations and as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Job Board Zambia
Yalelo is looking for an on-the-ball Security Manager (Commercial) to be responsible for the efficient and effective management of all aspects of physical security at our Commercial HQ (Lusaka) on a 24 hours x 7 days basis. You will also provide a professional interface with service providers, ensuring that the necessary protections are in place for to warranty that our core business is properly and appropriately secured against threat. The Right-Fit Candidate will ensure that:
- Resources are appropriately and efficiently allocated to key areas of work and that priorities are always covered adequately
- All physical security to all on site customers is delivered within our corporate security policy mandates
- Budgets are properly controlled and managed, to achieve best value for money.
- All training needs are identified and processed promptly and are undertaken at the appropriate time
- Supplier Performance Agreements, interim and main reviews are undertaken within the set timescale
- Tech savvy and computer literate (strong MS Excel skills are an added advantage)
- Holder of a valid Driving License
- Previous experience within FMCG (preferred)
Job Board Zambia
Job Title: Security Officers
- Guarding business premises and residential areas within Lusaka or a defined location within which one is assigned.
- Recording of all vehicles checking in and out of the premises
- Screening of all visitors and recording of all details in the daily occurrence book
- Maintain law and order within the premises and any other duty assigned by the supervisor at location.
Job Board Zambia
Chambishi Copper Smelter (CCS) is one of Zambia’s largest copper concentrate processing companies, with a design capacity to produce approximately 250,000 tons of copper per year. It also produces over 670,000tons of sulphuric acid annually as a by-product for the local and export markets. CCS seeks to fill the following vacancy at its Copperbelt High-tech Plant. A criminal investigations Officer being a law enforcement professional, his role will be to solve crimes, identify and detain suspects, uncover facts about a case and prevent future instances of criminal activity in the company. Responsibilities:
- Investigate all non-criminal and criminal cases;
- Records statements of facts from complainants and witnesses;
- Receives and ensures information received is being investigated on;
- Opens up investigation dockets;
- Interviews and interrogates suspects to establish the crime which has occurred;
- Uncovering of criminal deals;
- Prepare, giving evidence and testimony in a court of law;
- Visiting scenes of crime and scenes of accidents and coordinations;
- All records with regard to investigating duties are well looked after;
- Ensures all cases, apprehensions are recorded such that in case of the court he is able to represent according to what happened.
- Diploma in Law.
- Minimum of 2 years’ working experience preferably in the mining industry.
- Conversant with computer applications such as word and excel.
Job Board Zambia
The Local Government Service Commission invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the listed vacant positions in various Local Authorities across the Country. JOB TITLE: SECURITY OFFICER (20) SALARY SCALE: LGSS/10 DEPARTMENT: HUMAN RESOURCE AND ADMINISTRATION JOB PURPOSE To coordinate the enforcement of by- laws and regulations in order to ensure secure safety of Council installations. MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES The candidate will be responsible for the following to:
- Manage effectively provision of security services in order to protect Council property and staff
- Manage effectively the enforcement of by-laws in order to maintain law and order
- Manage effectively investigations and detection of offences in order to ensure offenders are brought to book
- Manage efficiently the control of parking of motor vehicles in designated areas to ensure compliance with parking by-laws
- Manage effectively the preparation of security reports in order to enhance decision making
- Manage the implementation of performance management system in order to improve and sustain performance, and
- Manage effectively human , financial and material resources in order to achieve the objectives of the unit.
- Full Grade Twelve (12)/Form Five 5 School Certificate with a minimum of Five (5) ‘O’ Level credits including English Language and Mathematics;
- Minimum age of thirty (30) years;
- Diploma in Criminal Law with Zambia Police Training; and
- Five (05) years of work experience with two (2) years at supervisory level.