Find jobs in Zambia today with JBZ. Browse 1000’s of Career opportunity in Zambia and easily apply online. Search recruitment agencies in Zambia and get in touch with companies recruiting.
This is an autonomous Payroll Manager role which requires experience to successfully run and manage the entire function. This is a temp to perm role which is 4 days per week. Duties
- End to end porocessing of the weekly and monthly payroll
- Process all leave calculations, reconciliations, terminations and redundancies
- Process all worker compensation premiums & return to work
- Rem & Ben salary reviews for the business
- Previous experience in a full function role
- Experience using Sage
- Previous experience in a Payroll position
- Ability to identify and drive process improvement strategies
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Strong EBA and award understanding
Do you dream of using technology to change the world?Join the Andela movement to ensure that while the digital revolution may have begun in Silicon Valley, its future will be written in Lagos, Nairobi, Kampala, Kigali and cities across Africa. THE ANDELA FELLOWSHIP The Andela Fellowship is a full-time employment opportunity designed for talented and high-potential technologists to build their skills and experience on a global scale. We seek out exceptional people from a variety of backgrounds who are committed to unlocking their full potential. Through four years of intensive learning and real work experience, you’ll master the professional and technical skills you need to succeed as a software developer with the with the world’s top engineering teams. You bring a relentless desire to learn and level up. We provide access to resources, mentorship, and a community of passionate software developers to support you at every step of your journey. Watch this video to learn about our values. THE APPLICATION PROCESS Stage 1: Online Application Fill out the application form on this page. Stage 2: Technical Assessment Once you submit your application, you’ll be directed to study the modules on our Home StudyCurriculum for software development and team skills. This is required to complete a technical assessment that will evaluate your knowledge of the content you’ve learned. No prior coding experience is required. Stage 3: In-Person Interview Based on your application and technical assessment, you may be invited to a panel of interviews made up of staff members and developers at an Andela office. Stage 4: Attend a Bootcamp Successful candidates are invited to participate in a two-week, simulated development sprint led by senior Andela developers. The two weeks is comprised of one week of home-based self-learning, and one week of product development on-site at an Andela campus. You’ll be expected to learn independently as well as on a team to deliver a final project. We’re looking for work ethic, passion, and teamwork. Stage 5: Become an Andelan The highest performing participants are accepted into Andela’s four-year Fellowship Program. Over the course of four years, you’ll be immersed in intensive learning alongside some of Africa’s most brilliant minds. You’ll amass real work experience as part of global engineering teams. You’ll emerge a professional who is capable of transforming the world through leadership and technology. Application Closing Date 3rd May, 2019. How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online For inquiries, please read the Application FAQs and Home Study FAQs. If you still have unanswered questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply today and see if you have what it takes!
Recruitment Schedule for Andela Kigali, Cycle 8Application Deadline: May 3rd, 2019 Technical Assessment: The Technical Assessment is a requirement for making it through our selection process. Please study and complete the Home Study Curriculum before your test. Technical Assessment Submission Deadline: May 8th, 2019 Interview Dates: May 27th – May 31st, 2019 Bootcamp: July 8th – July 19th, 2019 Fellowship Resumption: September 2nd, 2019 Please take this schedule into consideration before applying. You are also required to;
- Comply with the naming convention in the form of First Name and Last Name as requested in the application form.
- Use the same name and email address to reapply if you have applied to Andela in the past.
4 months ago
Texila American University a world Class Affordable Educational Provider. We are a forward-looking, modern university with a proud tradition as a provider of high quality education and a focus on applied research. Founded in 2010, Texila American University Group (TAU) has evolved into one of the most prestigious & world-class international education providers. With a diverse student base, Texila American University stands committed to excellence in the education of future professionals across the world. Texila Group–has 4000+ students from 70+ Countries for its varied program verticals. The University seeks to recruit suitably qualified individuals under the following faculties.
- Health Professions Foundation Program.
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (B Pharmacy )
- Master in Public Health (MPH)
- Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB)- Biochemistry, Pathology, Physiology & Human Anatomy.
- Nursing Practicum Preceptor.
- Nursing Faculty
Job Board Zambia
Peace Corps Zambia wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Safety and Security Assistant (SSA). Location : Lusaka Starting Salary: ZMW 176,938 .00/Annum Work hours : Full-time; 40 hours/week BASIC FUNCTION The role of the Safety and Security Assistant (SSA) is to provide administrative support to the safety and security program. The primary responsibilities of the SSA are ensuring security-related files are kept up-to-date; maintaining the Whereabouts reporting system; assisting in the analysis and reporting of security incidents; preparing reports, training materials, and other resource materials; and maintaining up-to-date contact information for local and national police, transportation, and consolidation points. In addition, the SSA will act as the back-up to the Safety and Security Manager (SSM). The Office of Safety and Security provides technical oversight of security related. The SSA reports to the SSM. When the SSM is unavailable, the SSA may also be the contact point with the Peace Corps Safety and Security Officer (PCSSO), Regional Security Advisor (RSA), Embassy security officials, and local law enforcement agencies in carrying out the responsibilities designated below or as directed by the Country Director (CD). Duties and responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
- Supports and Verifies Safety and Security Policy Implementation
- Safety and Security Training
- Assists with the Support of Home-Stays and Site Identification
- Incident Reporting and Response
- Emergency Preparedness
- Analysis, Reports and Other Communications
- Represents the Safety and Security Programs
- Provides Back-Up Coverage for the SSM PEACE CORPS/ZAMBIA SAFETY AND SECURITY ASSISTANT.
- Minimum College diploma in any social science is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of substantive experience in the field of safety and security programs, relevant professional security or law enforcement is required.
- Must have ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with other organizations, including local law enforcement, criminal justice, emergency management and other NGO/development agencies.
- Good working knowledge of the English language both spoken and written including ability to conduct training and give presentations, in both English and in any of the commonly used local language. Good communication and interpersonal skills, including demonstrated ability to work as a team member in a fast paced and multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office Suite, and other basic computer knowledge is required.
- Must have a valid and unrestricted Zambian driver’s license.
Job Board Zambia
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
Main purpose of job:Reporting to the Corporate Services Manager, responsible for all aspects of security – people and assets – for the British High Commission and Department for International Development. Roles and responsibilities: Management of security at the British High Commission (BHC) and Department for International Development (DFID) offices including residential properties.
- Supervising the guards in line with the local guarding contract.
- Provision of comprehensive advice to staff, BHC/DFID management and official visitors, consultants, and contractors on security risks, policies and systems.
- Recording of security incidents.
- Providing security briefings and advice on all aspects of personal security to official visitors and new arrivals.
- Provision of advice on any physical security measures requested by the Regional Overseas Security Manager (ROSM) or Post Security Officer.
- Undertaking regular risk assessments, proactively suggesting improvements, provision of costed proposals and the implementation of agreed changes.
- Assisting ROSM with staff radios checks ensuring equipment is fully serviceable and that UK staff have an understanding of the equipment.
- Reporting faulty equipment and overseeing repairs.
- Providing regular written security reports and assessments
- Responding to security emergencies or incidents on a 24 hours basis and the provision of assistance to UK-based staff and their families.
- Liaison with external partners (including Diplomatic Police, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, other Diplomatic Missions) to ensure extensive knowledge of local security environment.
- Security lead during a Crisis.
- Fire safety manager for Post.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Experience of systematic working to deliver a consistently high level of service. Excellent English, both verbal and written.
- Ability and willingness to undergo a security vetting process.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Professionally recognised qualification in the field of security
- Experience working for a diplomatic mission
- Minimum 2 yrs management experience
Making Effective Decisions, Leading and Communicating, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
JOb by Foreign and Commonwealth Office
Job Board Zambia
ZAMBIA FORESTRY AND FOREST INDUSTRIES CORPORATION LIMITED EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – CHIEF SECURITY OFFICER The Zambia Forestry and Forest Industries Corporation Limited (ZAFFICO) is c parcstatal organization responsible for establishing and managing exotic forest plantations in the country. The Corporation’s mission is to establish and sustainably manage forest plantations and supply quality wood and other forest products to its clients. In pursuance of its mission, the Corporation is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the position of Chief Security Officer on a three (3) year contract of service. CHIEF SECURITY OFFICER (1 Position) MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Grade 12 School Certificate
- Degree in Law/Criminology/Psychology, Social Psychology, Public Administration or any other social sciences
- Five (5) years relevant experience in a reputable organization
- Police training necessary
- Experience in criminal investigations will be an added advantage
- To ensure ZAFFICO property, personnel and plantations are protected at all times by implementing effective security practices.
- To supervise all security personnel.
- To ensures Security section operates in accordance with the Laws of Zambia.
- To advise Management on all security issues.
- To liaise with state police and other security wings for information.
- To investigate employees and round wood customers who contravene company regulations through theft of property or plantation produce.
- To institute security operations and measures to prevent actions that could lead to the loss or damage of company property.
- To propose training programmes and skills development for staff in the section in line with the Corporation’s requirements.
- To determine the gravity of cases through investigations and advise which cases should be dealt with administratively and those which should be dealt under a Court of Law.
- To give evidence in the Courts of Lawwhere necessary.
- To prepare Section budget to take to Management for approval and implement the some to control expenditure.
- To perform any other functions incidental to the role of security operations and as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Job Board Zambia
Yalelo is looking for an on-the-ball Security Manager (Commercial) to be responsible for the efficient and effective management of all aspects of physical security at our Commercial HQ (Lusaka) on a 24 hours x 7 days basis. You will also provide a professional interface with service providers, ensuring that the necessary protections are in place for to warranty that our core business is properly and appropriately secured against threat. The Right-Fit Candidate will ensure that:
- Resources are appropriately and efficiently allocated to key areas of work and that priorities are always covered adequately
- All physical security to all on site customers is delivered within our corporate security policy mandates
- Budgets are properly controlled and managed, to achieve best value for money.
- All training needs are identified and processed promptly and are undertaken at the appropriate time
- Supplier Performance Agreements, interim and main reviews are undertaken within the set timescale
- Tech savvy and computer literate (strong MS Excel skills are an added advantage)
- Holder of a valid Driving License
- Previous experience within FMCG (preferred)
Job Board Zambia
Job Title: Security Officers
- Guarding business premises and residential areas within Lusaka or a defined location within which one is assigned.
- Recording of all vehicles checking in and out of the premises
- Screening of all visitors and recording of all details in the daily occurrence book
- Maintain law and order within the premises and any other duty assigned by the supervisor at location.
Job Board Zambia
Chambishi Copper Smelter (CCS) is one of Zambia’s largest copper concentrate processing companies, with a design capacity to produce approximately 250,000 tons of copper per year. It also produces over 670,000tons of sulphuric acid annually as a by-product for the local and export markets. CCS seeks to fill the following vacancy at its Copperbelt High-tech Plant. A criminal investigations Officer being a law enforcement professional, his role will be to solve crimes, identify and detain suspects, uncover facts about a case and prevent future instances of criminal activity in the company. Responsibilities:
- Investigate all non-criminal and criminal cases;
- Records statements of facts from complainants and witnesses;
- Receives and ensures information received is being investigated on;
- Opens up investigation dockets;
- Interviews and interrogates suspects to establish the crime which has occurred;
- Uncovering of criminal deals;
- Prepare, giving evidence and testimony in a court of law;
- Visiting scenes of crime and scenes of accidents and coordinations;
- All records with regard to investigating duties are well looked after;
- Ensures all cases, apprehensions are recorded such that in case of the court he is able to represent according to what happened.
- Diploma in Law.
- Minimum of 2 years’ working experience preferably in the mining industry.
- Conversant with computer applications such as word and excel.
Job Board Zambia
The Local Government Service Commission invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the listed vacant positions in various Local Authorities across the Country. JOB TITLE: SECURITY OFFICER (20) SALARY SCALE: LGSS/10 DEPARTMENT: HUMAN RESOURCE AND ADMINISTRATION JOB PURPOSE To coordinate the enforcement of by- laws and regulations in order to ensure secure safety of Council installations. MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES The candidate will be responsible for the following to:
- Manage effectively provision of security services in order to protect Council property and staff
- Manage effectively the enforcement of by-laws in order to maintain law and order
- Manage effectively investigations and detection of offences in order to ensure offenders are brought to book
- Manage efficiently the control of parking of motor vehicles in designated areas to ensure compliance with parking by-laws
- Manage effectively the preparation of security reports in order to enhance decision making
- Manage the implementation of performance management system in order to improve and sustain performance, and
- Manage effectively human , financial and material resources in order to achieve the objectives of the unit.
- Full Grade Twelve (12)/Form Five 5 School Certificate with a minimum of Five (5) ‘O’ Level credits including English Language and Mathematics;
- Minimum age of thirty (30) years;
- Diploma in Criminal Law with Zambia Police Training; and
- Five (05) years of work experience with two (2) years at supervisory level.
Job Board Zambia
FSG (Zambia) Limited was incorporated on 24 February 2000. All the shares in the company were acquired by FSG Limited in 2008. Subsequently, a part of shareholding was acquired by Combined Consortium Limited, a company in which four prominent Zambian citizens are shareholders. The company is engaged in the following activities:
- Assembly and supply of coffins and caskets;
- Provision of funeral services; and
- Marketing of funeral assurance policies as agents of African Life Assurance Company Zambia Limited.
- Ensure the security, safety and well-being of all personnel, visitors and the premises
- Provide excellent customer service
- Adhere to all company service and operating standards
- Remain in compliance with local security regulations
- Immediately respond to emergencies to provide necessary assistance to employees and customers
- Call Police or Fire department in cases of emergency such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons
- Protect the company’s assets relative to theft, assault, fire and other safety issues
- Follow procedures for various initiatives, including fire prevention, property patrol, traffic control and accident investigations
- 18+ years of age
- Grade 12 school certificate
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Capable of following complex instructions
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Willingness to participate in the company’s screening process, including drug screen and background investigation
- Knowledge of security operations and procedures
Job Board Zambia
ANTI-CORRUPTION COMMISSION EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES THE ANTI-CORRUPTION COMMISSION WHOSE MISSION IS TO EFFECTIVELY PREVENT AND COMBAT CORRUPTION IN ORDER TO PROMOTE INTEGRITY, TRANSPARENCY AND ACCOUNTABILITY FOR SUSTANABLE DEVELOPMENT IN ZAMBIA INVITES APPLICATIONS FROM SUITABLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITIONS: INVESTIGATIONS OFFICER –  Main Responsibiliries To conduct investigations and collate evidence for the prosecution of offenders. Qualifications
- Full grade twelve (12) Certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or Business Administration
- Applicants must have two (2) years work experience
- Applicants must have good analytical and report writing skills
- MS Office applications essential
- Applicants nutst be aged between 25 and 35 years old