Peace Corps Zambia wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the under listed full-Time positions.
In order to be selected for these positions, the applicant must be a Zambian Citizen, must not have been employed in intelligence-related activities, and must submit an application that clearly documents how they meet each of the following mandatory requirements. Applicants may apply for more than one position.
Communications and Liaison Specialist VA 23/2018
Full-time; 40 hours/week
The Peace Corps Communications Specialist will work with the Country Director (CD), Director of Provincial Operations and Program Performance (DPOPP) and PC staff to create and deliver content across various media to tell the PC Zambia story.
As Liaison Officer, facilitate communications with key stakeholders, manage VIP visits and major events, liaise with organizations requesting PCVs and advise staff and Volunteers on protocol and provide support to CD and USDH on external relations and other key partner outreach. This position will also provide back-up support to the Management Support Officer/Grants Coordinator.
- BA or BS degree in Communications, Public Relations, Media Studies, Journalism or related field is required. a Master’s Degree in a related field is will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of three (3) years of communications (public relations, journalism, media or related field) and event management professional experience with an international, multi-cultural organization working in community development or adult training is required. Experience working with a US government agency or contractor will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of three (3) years professional experience with websites and any other aspect of a communications, media, marketing, or journalism effort to create and deliver important content to a diverse audience including social media, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. Professional experience in photography and video will be an added advantage.
- English proficiency (reading and writing) is required.
- A successful applicant must have knowledge of the following:
- How to use various media to communicate important information to a diverse audience.
- Social media outlets, basic publishing tools/applications, and basic photography and video tools/practices
- Communications and marketing
- Working with Volunteers
- Collaborating with host country partners
- Peace Corps’ mission, goals, and program
- Zambian culture
- Key Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel and Power Point; Knowledge of Microsoft Publisher will an added advantage
- Must be highly resourceful and creative, with strong interpersonal skills able to: a) research, write, develop and publish content across different media, b) work independently in inter-cultural organization to meet important goals in a timely manner, c) communicate effectively with diverse colleagues;
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft), including typing and basic trouble shooting of computer systems. Successful completion of necessary background and security clearances
For detailed job specifications and submission instructions,
Applications and supporting documentation including a typed cover letter, CV that clearly documents how you meet each of the above requirements, and at least three traceable references must be submitted by close of business October 18, 2018.
Address applications to:
The Human Resources Specialist,
Peace Corps Zambia,
Plot 71A Kabulonga Rd.
P.O. Box 50707, Lusaka, Zambia
Job by Peace Corps Zambia