Working with Prudential as an Actuary (Longevity Risk) in the Longevity team means becoming part of a brand with a global reputation and an exciting vision: to be the leader in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals. If you’re inspired to join us, and if you have the necessary qualities, then this could be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
At Prudential we’re absolutely focused on getting the best outcomes for customers. Ours is one of the most profitable and trusted names in life and pensions, and we lead the market in a number of pension products.
Prudential serves more than seven million people in the UK, spanning a wide range of products and services. To help customers make sense of the complex choices they face our customer service team has to be of a quality that’s second to none.
As a Longevity Actuary in the Longevity team at Prudential UK you will work on developing trend and portfolio risk models as well as supporting other actuarial work in the team.
- Experience of population and portfolio risk modelling in a longevity / mortality context/ risk capital purposes
- Experience of constructively challenging and influencing a range of peers and stakeholders primarily within Actuarial, some experience beyond immediate function is important
- Experience of coaching and guiding more junior team members
- Experience of communicating complex problems and issues effectively and succinctly to a variety of peers and managers
- Experience of drawing conclusions from complex data sources
- Experience of taking complex and ambiguous problems and quickly generating practical solutions
- Excellent statistical skills, likely gained through a mathematical or statistical degree
- Understanding of actuarial concepts and how they apply to longevity / mortality situations
- Detailed knowledge of regulatory frameworks applicable to the UK business
- Detailed knowledge of analytical techniques and the ability to apply these to practical situations
- Working knowledge of the financial dynamics of the business and how key factors influence the various financial measures
- Ability to proactively build relationships with stakeholders beyond immediate team in order to progress and deliver business outcomes
- Ability to plan and prioritise own workload
- Ability to pro-actively take ownership of issues
- Ability to pro-actively identify and implement process improvements
- Ability to identify opportunities to improve own performance and that of other team members
People who work at Prudential agree that ours is a great place to work with a brilliant team spirit. It’s also an innovative, high-performing commercial environment that’s totally focused on customers. As a Prudential colleague you’ll get all the support you’d expect, including full training and professional development. You’ll receive a competitive salary and reward package. And in a fast-changing world, you’ll join an organisation that’s leading the way in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals.